Coordinates Auto-Compile?

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM
First and foremost I just wanna say that this is a wonderful program! It's insanely useful and I love it! But I was just wondering if its currently or will ever be possible to compile a list of locations of specified items/blocks/etc. I ask because I'm wanting to go after all the heartstones and ores and whatnot in my world and I had planned on writing down the coordinates for each one manually, but there are so many of each thing. That's a lot of writing! And my hand isn't equipped for so much writing!

Of course, I know nothing about making a program or anything like that, so I don't even know if such a thing would be possible. But if it is, that would be heaven!

Thank you, both for reading this and for making TerraMap!
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2015 at 11:44 PM
Edited Oct 5, 2015 at 11:46 PM
Thanks! It's really nice to hear it. :)

Great idea! Would you be using the GPS (or Compass & Depth Meter) in-game to find the coordinate locations, or is there another way? TerraMap uses X,Y coordinates from the top-left corner of the map, but GPS shows position to the East or West of the center of the map, and depth relative to the surface level. So I may need to perform some conversion. That'd be a nice thing to add to the status bar, next to the XY coordinates.

Added work item: https://terramap.codeplex.com/workitem/43183
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2015 at 1:14 PM
I made a first attempt at this last night, and released v1.3.9: https://terramap.codeplex.com/releases/view/617767

I added the GPS coordinates to the status bar, and added a File->Export menu item. Mind trying it out and letting me know if that suits your need?

Thanks!
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:26 PM
This is perfect! Thank you so much! You're the best!
Oct 9, 2015 at 3:09 AM
Though I do seem to be having a bit of a problem. As of today the GPS numbers in TerraMap and Terraria aren't matching up. I'll be at so-and-so location in the game and the numbers are completely different in TerraMap. All I did today was explore and renovate my base so I'm not sure whats up.
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Ah, you're right, the numbers shown in TerraMap need to be doubled, since each tile in Terraria is two feet. I'll get this fixed soon, in the next release. Thanks!
Marked as answer by jcoon on 11/15/2016 at 11:44 AM